Monday, December 26, 2011

Green Punch


Merry Christmas!
Sue here....I thought I would give Jo a little break and post a quick recipe today (Boxing Day).
Jo is busy all day today watching the mega monster movie marathon on the space channel.
Yeah, that's right, I said the mega monsters movie marathon.
She needs an intervention.... she is addicted to really bad B movies.
Anyway, I thought I would post the recipe for Green Punch that I made for Christmas dinner.
It is a Trisha Yearwood recipe - yes, the singer Trisha Yearwood.
I found it on her website. It is a really pretty green color, perfect for Christmas time. 
I have posted the recipe here as I found it on her site, BUT, that being said, I would probably make a few changes for next time. (I put my changes at the bottom of this blog, if you are interested!)


Green Punch

Ingredients
2 .13oz packets unsweetened lemon-lime  Kool-Aid
2 C sugar
1 46oz can pineapple juice
12oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
32oz (1qt) ginger ale
ice

DirectionsPut 2 quarts of water in a 1gallon container. Add the drink mix and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the pineapple juice and lemonade concentrate and stir well.
Just before serving, add the ginger ale and ice.

Note - The size of the containers I bought were a little different - I think Canadian packaging is different from the US, but were close enough that they worked out okay.

The changes I would make for next time:
1. Use way less sugar. Maybe only a cup.
2. Use less pineapple juice. Maybe 3/4 or 1/2 of what it calls for.
3. Put way more ice in it. It tastes best when it is really cold.

And, just a note, definitely add the ginger ale just before serving. The longer it sits the flatter it gets and the sweeter it seems to get. We just added more ice and that seemed to fix the problem.

Hope you all had a safe and happy Christmas! Jo and I look forward to sharing more recipes with you in the New Year. Please feel free to leave a comment with any suggestions or questions you may have.
We would love to know what you would like to see more of in future blogs.
:)

7 comments:

  1. That looks like it would be so fun to serve on Christmas (or maybe St. Patrick's Day.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of St.Patrick's Day! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe Dave and Steph's "Green or Red" party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is great source of information about saint patrick’s day which is very useful for me. It very important information about saint patrick’s day
    Thank you very much for this useful information.

    Thanks for this great information.

    Best Green Punch Recipe For Saint Patrick’s Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my friends made this for a party, and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you wanted to add champagne for an alcoholic punch, how much would you add?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure Jo Anne - I've never added alcohol to this punch.

      Delete