Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Triple Chocolate Bailey's Biscotti



Finally....the biscotti I meant to blog about the other day when I got sidetracked by the really cool pizza made out of cauliflower and ended up blogging about that instead.
This is probably my favorite biscotti.
In general, I am not particularly fond of biscotti. It's too crunchy.
Cookies should be soft and squishy.
Don't argue. You know I'm right.
I do enjoy this one though, especially when I have it with hot chocolate.
Plus, the triple chocolate and Bailey's don't hurt either.

Triple Chocolate Bailey's Biscotti

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
pinch salt
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1 1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream
1/4 cup white chocolate

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, mini chocolate chips, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and Bailey's until well combined.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a wooden spoon. Dough will be very thick and fairly sticky. If it is too dry and not coming together, add a little more Bailey's - about 1 Tbsp at a time - until it comes together.
Divide dough in half and form 2, 12 X 3 logs. (See photo below)

Before going in the oven.


Have a bowl of water nearby as it is helpful to dip your hands in to prevent the dough from sticking to you too much.

 Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool about 4 - 5 minutes.


After going in the oven for 30 minutes.

Using a serrated knife, slice logs into 1/2 inch slices and place, cut side down, back on cookie tray.
Place back in oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and gently flip all the cookies to their other side.
Place back in oven for a further 10 minutes.
Remove cookies and let cool on tray on wire rack.
While cookies are cooling, place white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 20 second increments until chocolate is melted. Drizzle over cookies.
(I drizzle the chocolate while the cookies are still on the parchment paper on the cookie tray as it makes for easier clean up)

As biscotti go - these are pretty tasty.
I think I am more in love with the "idea" of biscotti compared to actual biscotti. I can't get past the crunchiness.
I just think they look so pretty and make really good gifts to people who drink coffee or tea.

3 comments:

  1. Hey that's really a great post and a wonderful description out here, I really like the way things are being executed and discussed here.


    Chocolate tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a WONDERFUL recipe and I make it all the time! This was a big hit at our Christmas Cookie exchange. It looks so fancy, but requires very little actual skill or patience. That's my kind of recipe! I get my two-year-old to do the white chocolate drizzle and it is perfect every time! No changes needed for this perfect recipe. I make it just as described!

    ReplyDelete