Monday, April 30, 2012

Lime and Coconut Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks


Ever buy a new food because it sounds really good and then you are horribly disappointed in the taste and then you are stuck with a whole bunch of food that you just don't want to finish?
Me too.
I bought a container of lime yogurt. Sounds like it would be good, right?
Hmmm....I wouldn't say it was NOT good...it just wasn't "good" good.
Every fruit smoothie I made with it just tasted like lime. It totally overpowered all the other fruit.
Needless to say I had to find a way to use it up. I figured some kind of tropical type cookie would be perfect to use up lime yogurt. I took the base from my go-to cookie and made some changes.
Turned out pretty tasty :)


Lime and Coconut Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks

Ingredients
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup lime yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1 cup toasted coconut
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate (or white chocolate chips)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in lime yogurt and vanilla.
In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, coconut, and chocolate. 
Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined and there is no flour showing in batter.
Place tablespoons full of dough about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely.

If you want a more lime-y taste then you could grate some lime peel into the batter. I found I like the taste like this. It was coconutty with just a hint of lime and the white chocolate added a nice sweetness.

2 comments:

  1. I just made these today...delicious!!! They taste fantastic! I love coconut and white chocolate, these are my new favorite cookie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad you enjoyed them. Thank you for your kind words :)

      Delete