Tuesday, June 12, 2012

2 No Bake Cookie Dough Bites that are good for you!


So I have recently become obsessed with a blog called Chocolate Covered Katie. It is a healthy dessert blog. I know "healthy dessert" might seem to be a bit of an oxymoron but Katie really makes these crazy delicious desserts that actually taste great.
I admit, I am still a little skeptical of some her recipes, a lot of them are vegan and use some "odd" ingredients. Well, "odd" to me anyway.
These two recipes I am sharing today are from her blog and, I believe, they are both vegan.
What I do know for sure is - they are both delicious! and so, so, so easy to make.
Stop by her blog - Chocolate Covered Katie to see more of her great creations.


German Chocolate Fudge Bites

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup pitted dates
1 tsp vanilla
pinch salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup raw pecans

Directions
Blend all ingredients together very well using a food processor. Squish the dough together. Roll into balls, cookie-cuttered shapes, or bars… or you can even use it for a pie crust!

Sooooo good!


Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites

Ingredients
1/2 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup raisins
pinch salt
1/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts
11/4 tsp vanilla

Directions
Throw everything into your food processor and combine until very smooth. Roll into balls, cookies, or even bars!


It was a little difficult to figure out the nutritional info for these as it all depends on how big you make them. I made some very teeny, tiny changes and doubled the recipes as well.
From my best guess I (using Fitday) I would put the bites at approx 50 calories per bite. This is if you make 24 bites out of either recipe above.
They are both VERY rich and if you were having a real sweet craving then 1 or 2 would probably satisfy you.
I think the peanut butter bites are my favorite BUT I still love the German chocolate ones. They are both addicting. I find I keep them out of sight in the fridge or freezer and only take out 1 or 2 when I need one.
One of the greastest things about both of these recipes....... hardly any prep. Throw everything into a food processor and let it go to town. You don't even have to roll them into balls if you don't want to - you can just press it into a pan a slice it.
What's better than easy AND tasty?
Nothing.
Make these.

Be sure to stop by Carole's Chatter for tons of fun links!

3 comments:

  1. Made the chocolate ones with the kids for dessert tonight. Took about 5 minutes, had to substitute the pecans for a handful of almonds and sunflower seeds and they turned out AMAZING! Not sure how you could stop at just one or two :) The kids (3 and 5) had fun shaping them into snakes and funny balls and of course shoving them into their mouths! Thanks for a fab recipe! Will try the peanutbutter ones soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them! The peanut butter ones are my favorite :) It's pretty much impossible to just eat one....

      Delete
  2. My daughter and I made both of the recipes. They were a big hit!!! My favorite is the peanut butter bites but my daughters like the German chocolate ones the best. I did have to use almonds instead of peanuts and pecans because I already had those in the pantry. Thank you so much for sharing these healthy recipes.

    ReplyDelete