Saturday, September 1, 2012

Spinach Dip

 
Need something to bring to a potluck?
How about a let's-watch-the-game party?
I know... maybe an I-need-to-impress-my-guests-but-don't-want-to-put-out-a-lot-of-effort gathering?
Today is your lucky day.
You can whip up this spinach dip in the morning, throw it in the fridge, and it will be ready to go when you need it. The longer it sits, the more flavorful it gets.
You're welcome.
 
 
Spinach Dip
 
Ingredients
1 cup mayo
2 cups sour cream
1 (1.8 oz) pkg dry leek soup mix
1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
1 - 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 round loaf sourdough bread
 
Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except bread. Cover and chill in fridge for at least 6 hours, up to overnight.
Remove the top and interior of sourdough loaf. Cut breads into chunks for dipping.
Spoon chilled dip into hollowed out bread.
Serve immediately.
 
A couple of notes:
You can use low fat mayo and sour cream if you want to cut some calories.
You can use dry vegetable soup mix if you can't find the dry leek soup but it will change the flavor.
I usually buy an extra loaf of bread (French or sourdough) to cut up as the dip goes quite far.
I put 1 - 2 cups of spinach because you can add more or less depending on what you prefer. Personally, I use 2 cups.
 
Be sure to visit Kayla's Creations for some great links!

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious & I'm starving. You made me drool a little haha. I hope your having a great weekend. I'd love if you stopped by my blog & linked up this tasty treat.

    Nikki
    http://www.thecraftysideofsarcasm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spinach dip & this looks so good! Thank you so much fro sharing at Sunday Round Up! I hope you have a great week :),

    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete