Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Renee's Chunky Marinara (Guest Post)

Sue and I are very excited today!
We have a guest who is going to share one of her recipes with you. (Our first guest EVER! Yay!)
Renee is a very talented blogger so we hope you go and check out her blog - Renee Today
And, be sure to check back soon as we will be sharing one of our recipes over at Renee's very shortly!



Hello! My name is Renee and I run a personal lifestyle blog called ReneeToday.com. I post about things such as fashion, DIY, and food. Jo and Sue have always been my favorite food bloggers - they actually inspired me to make my own food/recipe page on Renee Today. I am so happy to have this opportunity to collaborate with them!
Here's a recipe I have been using for years - my homemade chunky marinara!

Renee's Chunky Marinara

Ingredients
1 large tomato
1 large onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 - 15 oz cans of Hunt's Tomato Sauce
1/2 Tbsp Vegata soup mix
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 basil leaf
1/4 tsp chicken fajita seasoning
juice of half a lemon

Directions
Dice tomatoes and onions and cook until caramelized in a medium saucepan with olive oil. 
After the onions are caramelized, pour in the tomato sauce. Mix the vegetables and sauce until well combined.
After the sauce starts to boil, incorporate all dry ingredients (soup mix, pepper, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, basil, and chicken fajita seasoning).
Add lemon juice and let cook for a few more minutes.
Serve with pasta or breadsticks. 


Want to see more from Renee? Click HERE!! 

And be sure to stop by Easy Life and My Turn (for us) and Hun... What's For Dinner? for tons of great links!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with 4 seasons blog hop. Your mariana sauce looks very good. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great flavours in this marinara. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete