Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's "Show the Love" Salad


Happy Valentine's Day!!
Here is a cute last minute idea to fancy up your Valentine's lunch or dinner. 
Or, if you are anti-Valentine's day, then it's a cute way to show your love to those around you - no special day required! 
You can make your favorite salad or follow our ingredients, either way all you really need is a tiny cookie cutter and you are good to go. 
Not that I won't also be enjoying plenty of Valentine's sweet treats, but at least now I can counter balance with a little healthy too!


Valentine's "Show the Love" Salad

Ingredients
1 large cucumber, sliced
2 red peppers, seeded (tops and bottoms removed)
1 bunch radishes, sliced
1 small brick of partly skim mozzarella cheese
10 - 15 small plum tomatoes, halved
1/4 to 1/2 pkg Grab & Go Simply Sesame Trail Mix

Instructions
Place the Spring Mix in a large bowl. (If you can't find the Earthbound Farms Spring Mix just use a similar mixed greens blend, about 6 cups or more.)
Using a small, heart shaped cookie cutter (about 1 inch) cut out heart shapes from the cucumber, red peppers, and mozza cheese. 
Sprinkle the veggies and cheese over the salad.
Sprinkle with a generous amount of the Simply Sesame Trail Mix. (If you can't find this you can leave it off or substitute with another crunchy salad topper.)
Just before serving, drizzle with your desired amount of Roasted Red Pepper Dressing and toss until equally distributed.


Sooooo cute, right?
I didn't actually take any photos with the dressing on because I was too excited to show everyone at work how adorable my salad was. The Roasted Red Pepper and Parmesan is really tasty, FYI. I recommend giving it a try!
Like I mentioned earlier.... you can, of course, use whichever ingredients you like. These are some of my favorites plus they are red so - perfect to show the love!

7 comments:

  1. Am I allowed to copy this picture & recipe to print in my associations news letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you only use one photo and make sure to give us credit via a link back to our blog, we don't mind you using it..thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Your salad is so cute and amazing looking. I love everything in it! I have not seen the Roasted Red Pepper and Parmesan salad dressing. I put it on my grocery list to check it out! I would love if you would stop by and share this at Celebrate It! Blog Link Party! I know my readers would really enjoy it! Here's the link~http://www.thefreshmancook.com/2016/02/celebrate-it-blog-link-party_11.html it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe! This looks so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this for Valentines Day Dinner. So easy and was very impressive. Used Annies Roasted Red Pepper dressing. Very good.

    ReplyDelete