Friday, December 28, 2012

Top 10 Healthy Desserts/Treats

Even when I am trying to eat healthier and lose a few pounds I can't give up my sweets.
Plus, I shouldn't have to.
So...there!
Over the past year or so Sue and I have posted lots of healthier treats to help when the gotta-have-sugar cravings hit. This list is the top 10 treats I have had the most requests for. These include lower calorie or gluten free or vegan or lower sugar or higher in fibre type goodies.
All very tasty. In fact, if you ask your tasters - I bet they will never know they are eating "healthified" treats.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 105 calories, 0 fat, 27 carbs, 1 protein.
The most simple of all the recipes. Only 1 ingredient. It's true. Crazy.....but true.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 48 calories, 0.8 fat, 7.8 carbs, 2.6 protein.
These are so chocolaty and fudgy and rich that any possible chocolate craving you have will be satisfied. If one doesn't do the trick...well...have 2! You will still be under 100 calories.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 76 calories, 2.1 fat, 12.5 carbs, 2.5 protein.
Better than pumpkin pie? Decide for yourself. This is light and fluffy and sooooooo good. A nice, large serving for under 100 calories. Seriously.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 288 calories, 16.7 fat, 36.2 carbs, 4 protein.
The nutritional count is for 1/12th of the tart. Trust me when I tell you - that is a lot of this tart. It is very rich. A little bit goes a long way. This is a vegan recipe that is full of vitamin B6, fibre, protein, magnesium, zinc and lots of other good stuff!
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 118 calories, 2.5 fat, 23 carbs, 2.2 protein.
Another chocolate treat. I love chocolate. Yes, I would marry it if I could.
The kids will never know they are getting veggies in their dessert with this moist, fudgy, chewy brownie.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 107 calories, 4.4 fat, 14.6 carbs, 3.4 protein.
A cookie with no eggs and no flour? Whaaaaaaaaaat?
It's true. But you would never know!
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 10 calories, 0.4 fat, 1.9 carbs, 0.13 protein.
Perfect for hot summer days or when you just need a cheesecake-y treat without all the calories and fat. Make them in regular Popsicle holders or, for a mini-treat, make them in ice cube trays!
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 202 calories, 3.6 fat, 46 carbs, 3.2 protein.
You get to have 1/12th of a 9 X 13 pan for this nutritional count. I love being able to have a HUGE piece of dessert, especially when it tastes as good as this one.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 64 calories. (I'm sorry I wasn't able to figure out the rest of the nutritional count as I got rid of the boxes! Eeep - when I make it again I will make sure to keep track) The 64 calories count is for 1/12th of the recipe. 
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 200 calories. (Once again, I didn't figure out the total nutritional values here. Sorry!)
For 1/8th of the pie it is 200 calories. That is a HUGE piece of deliciousness. This was originally our aunt's recipe from back in her Weight Watcher's days.  It is amazing. High in fibre, Vitamin C, protein, all that good stuff.
 
Sue and I have tons of other healthy desserts and treats under the "Healthier Choices" page at the top of the blog.
It is important to remember that just because you are trying to eat healthier it doesn't mean you have to give up on enjoying desserts. You can make healthy treats that are just as good, if not better, than a lot of regular, less healthy goodies.
 
Check out Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons and Six Sister's Stuff and My Turn (for us) for some fun links.

4 comments:

  1. Those chocolate muffins look divine! I think I'll be making that and the creamsicle pudding soon=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate muffins are soooo good! If you need a chocolate fix then definitely try them :)

      Delete
  2. They all look so good! I can't wait to try some of these myself. I never realized how good desserts could be while still being pretty healthy. I just got this sugar free chocolate that has been an eye opener!

    ReplyDelete